The Winner of the Essay Prize will receive:
- a Free Full Pass for the Annual Socrel Conference 12-14 July 2017, Leeds University
- a cheque for £100 (sponsored by Taylor & Francis)
- a £50 voucher for books from Taylor & Francis (sponsored by Routledge)
- a year’s subscription to the Journal of Contemporary Religion
- an opportunity to get published in the Journal of Contemporary Religion (the winning essay is subject to JCR’s normal peer review)
- for the runner-up essay, a cheque for £50, if the judges decide that there is a runner-up (sponsored by Taylor & Francis)
- The essay should be between 5000 and 7000 words, including footnotes and bibliography, and must not be available in print/electronic format or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- The essay should be single authored, written in English and submitted as a single MS Word document attachment, including bibliography and cover sheet. (Failure to incorporate the cover sheet will render disqualification.)
- The deadline for submissions is 31st January 2017.
- The cover sheet for applications can be downloaded here.
- Submitting authors must follow the JCR style guide.
- The winning essay must be submitted to JCR within 3 months of the prize having been awarded.
- Submitting authors must be postgraduates and be/become a members of Socrel to enter.
- Application forms and further details are available from the Socrel website.
- Electronic submissions with cover sheet downloaded from the Study Group website need to be sent to Dr Alp Arat (firstname.lastname@example.org).